When God Is AWOL
"When God Is AWOL"
What do you do when you are frantic for a Third Day?
· Unfulfilled expectations foster my frustration
v41, “Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Passover festival.”
· Recognize fast fixes rarely work
v44b, “But when he didn’t show up that evening, they started looking for him among their relatives and friends.”.
· When frantic, it means you’ve somehow lost sight of the Lord.
v48, His parents didn’t know what to think. “Son,” his mother said to him, “why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been frantic, searching for you everywhere.”.
How do you “see God” in the frantic seasons of life?
· Seriously search (see Jeremiah 29:13)
· Return to His presence (see Malachi 3:7, Isaiah 44:22, Jeremiah 4:1) · Store it up; because frantic days will come again
v51, “his mother stored all these things in her heart.” “I go east, but he is not there. I go west, but I cannot find him. I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden. I look to the south, but he is concealed. But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold.” Job 23:8-10
When you need a Third Day: Do not despair!
God is still working.
He is working in you. He is working for you.