The Thrill of Generosity
The Thrill of Generosity: The Birth of Biblical Generosity
1 Corinthians 16:1-2
The Thrill Of Generosity
The Birth of Biblical Generosity
Proverbs 3, Deuteronomy 14:23, & 1 Corinthians 16:1-2
The Big Picture: God owns it all and everything we do, we do for Christ.
1. God honors biblical generosity. (Pro. 3:9-10 & 21-33)
2. You should honor biblical principles of generosity.
- What is the biblical picture? (Deut. 14:22-23)
- First tithe & second tithe: Levite tithe, produce tithe, storehouse tithe.
- Burnt offering, grain offering, peace offering, sin offering, guilt offering.
- What are the biblical principles of giving?
- Give generously (Luke 6:38), joyfully (2 Cor 9:7), proportionally (Deut 16:17), and regularly (1 Cor 16:2)
3. Your journey into generosity should begin with a tithe to your local church. (1 Cor. 16:1-2)
Final Thought: When you honor biblical principles of generosity, you can’t out give God.
God is generous. We are created in His image and for His glory. We were born for generosity! A generous life reflects the character and love of God because He has set the example of generosity.