Love Truth: Wisdom Under Pressure
Ephesians 5:15-17 “So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.”
1. Pressure ISOLATES; Wisdom says: REFUSE TO GO SOLO
- Proverbs 11:14 (The Message), “Without good direction, people lose their way; the more wise counsel you follow, the better your chances.”
2. Pressure PUSHES; Wisdom says, TAKE YOUR TIME
- Colossians 1:11, “We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need.”
3. Pressure brings UNCERTAINTY; Wisdom knows to PRAY IT THROUGH
- James 5:16b, “…pray for each other so you may be healed.”
4. Pressure increases CONFUSION; Wisdom brings CLARITY
- Psalm 119:130, “The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.”
- 2 Timothy 3:16, “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.”
- Psalm 119:105, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”
- Proverbs 14:12, “There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end itleads to death.”
“Wisdom is the ability to see life from God’s perspective and to make decisions as God Himself would direct you.”
Proverbs 4:5; 7 (GNT), “Get wisdom and insight! Do not … ignore what I say! … Getting wisdom is the most important thing you can do”.
Using the book of James as a backdrop, this series will outline practical realities for Christian living in today's culture. Key to all of it... the necessity to hold two principles on constant tension: LOVE and TRUTH. One without the other skews everything. Love Truth. Truth Loves.