Step Up! The Challenge is On!
Step Up: The Challenge is On- 10/02/18
Step up! The Challenge is On!
Honor: Romans 12:10 & John 13:1-17
The Biblical pattern of honor: (Romans 12:1-13)
- Sacrifice– Romans 12:1-2
- Honor requires a price to be paid.
- Humility– Romans 12:3-5
- Honor is only poured into empty
- Action– Romans 12:6-13
- Honor happens as the need is met.
The Biblical example of honor: (John 13:1-17)
- “I have given you an example to follow.” (vs. 15a)
- “Do as I have done to you.” (vs. 15b)
The Challenge: Honor the things of highest value.
- God. (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)
- Gift of Life. (Lev 19:18)
- Family. (Joshua 24:15)
- Ministry. (2 Corinthians 5:18-20)
- Friends. (Proverbs 27:9-10)
“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up in honor.” (James 4:10)
Five words that will transform your life and our church: honor, serve, share, lead, and give.
1 Corinthians 15:58, “Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.”