Groups and Next Steps Pastor
FULL-TIME (Salary: Commensurate With Experience)
The role of the Associate Pastor is to lead the church ministry in creating community through small groups and an intentional process of assimilation. The Associate Pastor will serve closely with the Lead Pastor and Teaching Pastor to foster connections within the church community. The Connections Pastor will also participate in the preaching ministry of the church.
Specific Teaching Responsibilities:
- Serve on the teaching team with the Lead Pastor and Teaching Pastor
- Provide research support for the teaching ministry of the church
- Preach/teach regularly as assigned by the Lead Pastor /Teaching Pastor
- Direct the Small Group Ministry of the Church
- Enlist/equip/encourage teachers to facilitate small groups
- Evaluate and control discipleship curriculum
- Facilitate pastoral care within groups
- Create/oversee/direct a process of assimilation into the life of the church and directing members into Church service
- Be active in outreach
- Set an example in Pastoral Care
- Provide short-term counseling and referrals for long-term counseling
- Perform funerals and weddings as possible
- All other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
New Work Fellowship is a growing church and a great place to serve on the pastoral team! This position is a wonderful opportunity for the qualified candidate.
The candidate for the position will be able to organize and lead a growing Discipleship Ministry including 600 - 700 weekly participants. This candidate will become part of the teaching ministry in Sunday morning worship. They must possess excellent communications skills, be able to recruit and train adults, and work to foster a healthy team dynamic.
Candidates should submit their resume, inclusive of the following: personal & family information, personal Social Media links, photograph, and links to sermon audio/videos.
Kevin Lee, Lead Pastor